Monday, January 25, 2010

Rat

The other night Jay was cleaning the side yard by our house. He had stored a bunch of concrete forms there forever and finally found a spot to move them to. He was loading them up onto a trailer and a rat ran out from under it and ran right by his foot. He screamed and came running in saying he needed back up! For those of you who know Jay, know  that he is pretty tough.. Not when it comes to rats!

DSC_0237

He got some traps and said that he was going to catch that rat!

003 

The first morning there was a little mouse in one of the big traps.

004

005

The next morning there were two traps that the peanut butter was missing from, but the traps hadn’t snapped.

Finally the 3rd morning he went out there there was another mouse in one of the traps.

rat 001 

And the RAT was caught!!! It was HUGE!!! So gross! We have had the traps set since then and haven’t caught anything else.. so hopefully we are rat and mice free now!!

rat 002   

2 comments:

Melody said...

So nasty!!! I loved the picture of Jay putting up his fists all ready to attack the rat. So funny.

Donna said...

Dang, rats!! I thought there were only mice around here!! I can deal with tiny field mice but if I see a rat....ewwwwww!!!!!! Funny pic of Jay! I thought he was a snake killer! How can a rodent bug him??