Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

A bunch of my girlfriends and I decided to go to the midnight premier of Twilight. We heard it was going to be crazy, so we arrived at 9:00pm to make sure we got a good seat. We waited patiently for 3hrs for the movie to start. Finally, after a million previews it started. I can't believe I lost beauty sleep over this! I was pretty disappointed. I couldn't believe how low budget it seemed. The special effects were terrible and actually quite comical. I thought the makeup and acting was horrendous and a lot of the cast was mis-cast. (Rosalie and bug eyed Jasper especially) Some of them should've taken acting classes too! Some lines were so cheesy."Hold on tight spider monkey" GAHHH!
I didn't go in with too much expectation. I know the books are always better then the movie. It was entertaining, but not worth waiting 3hrs and staying up till 3 am.
Amber, Kelly, Lisa, me and Val waiting for it to start. Where are you Heather?

9 comments:

amber said...

You suck! I loved this movie! You just didn't appreciate it! I can't believe you didn't love it! Althought I do agree with you about Jasper. He looked like he had a stick up his butt the whole time. hehe!

Jana Davis said...

Ditto with Kim... Do you really want me to start on it???

Donna said...

I have been waiting for someone to comment on the movie. I wanted to go so bad but didn't want to take the baby. Kinda glad I didn't now. :) I was gonna take Mike on a date night. Hmmm. Don't think he will go if he hears about it.

Lorrelle said...

Ok...so I didnt read the books yet but thought it would be a fun girls night out and was taking Jocelynn and her friends anyway. Everyone was sooo excied and I had been hearing about it for weeks...
I thought it was cute but think I have to read the books to get why a glittery guy is sexy and what the deal is with his sister??? From hearing everything I thought they would make Jacob hotter too. I didnt know what to think because everyone kept saying how hot and romantic the boys are...maybe I'll understand better once I read the books. All in all...it was fun to get out with so many friends, hang out and catch up on life...I think I'm getting old and 3 hrs sleep arent enough anymore...

Heather said...

With you girl. It really "bit" the big one. I think I wasn't in the picture 'cause I had to sneak in the theater next store to see the Goonies remake. Think you can sell a "bite me" t-shirt on ebay? It was fun seeing the ladies though. Should we tell Christi M. it should count as "chick flick" night?

Juliette said...

Oh, that's a bummer it was a let down. I am planning on seeing it next weekend. Good to know I shouldn't expect too much.

Shar Chavira said...

I thought it was good! But yeah...I didn't wait no 3 hours just to see it!!! Jasper was a bug eyed freak though...tee hee. But I thought it was good. I think the next one will be even better since they made so much moolah on this one....they can afford it now!!

Josh said...

I thought it was an excellent show! The way Bond wrestled with that guy on the scaffold and used the rope etc! And the car chase scene at the beginning was neato! The part when 007 used that ax to chop into that guys shoe was gruesome, but you have to expect that!It almost sounds like you guys are describing a whole different show. Anyway, I give it two thumbs up!

michelle orchard said...

I did the same thing, went to the midnight premier, got there at 9, and was terribly disappointed, then threw up afterwards because the camera work was so horrible! Your girls are darling! I just saw the pic's of Lex & Maddux in the jeep kissing! So cute & little!!!
Hope your doing well! Happy Holiday's!