Friday, June 06, 2008

First Swim Meet!

The girls had their first swim meet today. They were so excited and a little nervous. Here they are waiting for their turn to swim. I found a cute twister towel at TJ Max that came with a spinner and everything! So FUN!
Lexie and her friend Kenzie are on the same team.
Brooklynn loves her goggles. She doesn't ever want to swim without them.
She did such a good job. They swam across the whole pool 7 times! I don't even think I could do that!
She was exhausted after but loved every minute of it. Lexie is such a good swimmer. This is her 3rd year on swim team.
They have 4 people from each team swim against each other. Lexie and Kenzie just happened to swim against each other doing freestyle. They were so close. Kenzie took first and Lex came right after in second. They both did so good!
It's a lot of work to be on the swim team. They have practice every morning and then have meets sometimes twice a week! They have been working so hard and I am so proud of them both!!

2 comments:

Maile said...

Kim, thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! It was so fun to see Josh and meet the other Kim. =) It seems like it's been so long since we've seen all of you. Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! Swimming lessons and teams seem so far away to me, but I imagine they'll be here before I know it.

Shar Chavira said...

wow....everyone's got a swimmer in the family! That is too cool! maybe lex and brooklyn can teach me to swim when I come to visit. tee, hee!