Friday, September 05, 2008

Flashback Frightening Hair Friday

So I was going through a bunch of pictures and couldn't help but notice how scary my hair was in most of the pictures! I have really thick curly hair and obviously didn't know quite what to do with it growing up!
I am hoping that is a big shadow in back of me not my hair!
Aunt Jamima
I remember going with my mom to this fancy place to get my hair done. I swear she cut my bangs so far back so half of my head was bangs!
Oh how I wanted straight hair. I had heard about how people used to iron it to get it straight so I had my sister do it for me. Laid my head on the ironing board and let her iron it. With the iron!! I was thinking I was looking GOOD! haha
This is my favorite! A combo of bed head, short thick curly hair, and a pogo-ball! YIKES!!
Can you see where I got my inspiration?
So thankful for mousse and a diffuser!!

8 comments:

Grammadebs said...

who knew we were FLDS BEFORE! the fashion hit! BANGS TO THE SKY RULE!!!! LOL(try being the mom TO THAT MOP OF HAIR and trying to get you to sit still just to TAME THAT beast!) you were always such an accommodating child...even when you got perms from unca rob for years! before he figured out you had no regrowth on your head...duh...what a smart beautician he was!lol

Stephanie said...

HAHAHAHAH! That is hilarious! HAIR BARE!

Hudson said...

Hilarious! Funny I remember wearing that outfit of yours, the sweater and stretch pants. I think we all loved going through your closet.Haha

andrea said...

I feel your pain! i am not brave enough to post my bad hair years on blog yet! me and my sisters hated our curly hair! we still tryto straighten it daily. and my poor Avrie, she got the worst of it. At least we know how to fix it better now days. :) thanks for the good laugh. P.s. your hair is beautiful!

amber said...

you were the cutest little girl! So adorable! I remember the iron! I think I did it for you a couple of times! I used to do it to and you helped me out too. I even had cody do it a couple of times. scary!!! I remember that fushia outfit with the leggings. I remember thinking how cute it was. Oh the memories! At least you didn't have braces, HUGE glasses and a bad perm! love ya!

Brandon and Erica said...

That is awesome! We should get Rachelle to pull out her hair-archives as well..I think you might have some permed competition! Except, yours is real! I love your curly hair...so glad you don't iron it anymore :-). hahaha.

Shar Chavira said...

OH...I would have killed for hot hair like that back in the day...I had to perm it all the time. HA! I miss you kimmy! Can't wait for the concert!!! WOO-WOO!

Colby and Malea said...

Love the pictures haha! It was so random we say Jay and Vinny in Payson this last week too bad you were not with them :)