Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fire Bellys

The girls found a little frog outside yesterday. They played with it and loved it and made a little house for it. In the morning it had gotten out and was no where to be found. They were devastated! I told them that it was better off living in the wild where it was used to living. I felt bad for them so I took them to the pet store to get one that would make a good pet.
They were so excited. They each picked one out. Brooklynn named hers Croak and Lexie named hers Freckle.
Here they are setting up the little house. They picked out pink and purple plants and colorful rocks.
Then it was time for the little frog to be put in.
They are so cute and little!
Brooklynn didn't want hers to hop away so she just dumped it in.
I think they like their colorful place!
I guess frogs eat crickets so we bought a bunch at Petsmart. Notice Brooklynn looking out the door. She was not getting anywhere near the crickets. So funny! Lexie was brave dumping them from the bag into the little cricket keeper... Until one jumped out and she freaked out and dropped the bag. Crickets everywhere! All over the table and the ground. She didn't dare to catch any of them. I sure as heck wasn't going to! I think she got 1 cricket into the box. Looks like we are going to have starving frogs!

4 comments:

Lid said...

That looks so fun. You are such a cute mom. Those frogs are colorful and actually pretty cute. I hope the girls have fun with them. What a great idea. :)

Josh said...

Please have Lex kiss her frog and see if she can get a prince out of the deal...

amber said...

you just need to break down and get a real pet! What's up with all the frogs and fish? You know your kids would love a dog! You should have bought mine when you had the chance, now you are stuck with frogs! hehe!

TurtleGirl said...

Your girls are so flippin cute! Makes me want another! Eli would have a panic attack if he heard me say that! hehe! The frogs are cool and you don't have to walk them! Although knowing your girls they might figure out a way to take them for a hop around the block!