Thursday, August 07, 2008

Clumsy!

I had a little accident! Clumsy me slipped/tripped on the boat and cracked my head open!! My sister Ashlee and I are famous for falling, tripping, running into things etc. Usually it doesn't require stitches though!!
This picture isn't very good. Jay took it at the ER with his phone. They had to give me a CT scan. When I got out Jay said "is she crazy?" haha They said "nope, just a lot of air in there" HAHA
They told me they were going to have to shave some of my hair! I started crying. SUCH a baby. So he just used scissors and cut some of it. Like anyone will notice! I have SOOO much hair! The DR wanted to staple it but couldn't find his big staple gun he liked. YIKES! So he just stitched it up. 12 stitches! He used blue thread so the person taking them out would be able to find them in my mound of hair!
I get them taken out in 10 days. Meanwhile I am not supposed to get my head wet in lakes. Sucks that we are leaving for Lake Powell this weekend. The DR told me I could wear a swim cap! haha

12 comments:

Josh said...

woah! Please feel better.
Swimming caps are coming back so don't worry. YOu will be able to wear them in public even. I wear mine to the mall.

Lisa Jo Lovell said...

Glad to see that you are feeling better!!! I love the blue stitches. I forsure want to see a pic of you at Lake Powell w/ a swim cap!! Have fun and be safe.

Shar Chavira said...

wow! seriously...I'm not sure if you can fit all that hair in a swim cap! Let's be honest! Sorry about your little trauma...that really does suck and i hope you feel better!

Grammadebs said...

Oh Kimmy...what you will do for attention!
I'm surprised you didn't get red white and blue stiteches!
I say BUZZ YA BALD! bookends you and jay....then your head will for sure fit in that swimcap!
SURE HOPE THAT HEAD HEALS with all that helium floatin up there..
glad yer so hard headed! how many head wounds (injuries???) does that make now? FIVE?????
glad you are ok honey. we are prayin for a quick recovery!

Swanky Mommy said...

OH MAN! I have had blue stitches before--no fun at all. They told me I couldn't shower for the first two days. It wasn't pretty at ALL. :( I hope you still have a great time at Powell!

Zachariah Parry said...

Thanks for the pictures. I was hoping something today would make me queasy. That did the trick.

amber said...

I'm so sorry! I'm sure that hurt! Hope you get feeling better! If I was there I would make you some chocolate chip cookies! Love ya!

Hudson said...

Wow! You really did a bang up job. I'm So sorry I bet it hurts I hope you feel better soon. Hey a least it makes for a good blog post!HA HA I want to see pictures of you in a swim cap at powell.

Juliette said...

Freaky! I'm glad you're okay!

Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

good excuse to not ever clean the boat again.glad you're up and about.

Brandon and Erica said...

scary! I am glad you are okay!

And...how are you possibly going to fit all of that beautiful hair in the swim cap?!? :-)