Monday, August 18, 2008

Sedona

We wanted to get away for the weekend, so we decided to go check out Sedona since we had never been there before. Jay's parents brought their trailer too. It was beautiful up there and a lot cooler. We relaxed and watched the Olympics.
The girls love going camping in the trailer. Brooklynn says she wants to live in the trailer. They found a little snail that was their little pet. Until Jay accidentally stepped on it! Ewww! So gross!
Enjoying eating outdoors. It had rained the night before and was so nice.
We went to Slide Rock. It's slippery creek bottom that you can slide down.
Brooklynn flying her little kite.
I don't think the girls knew quite what to expect.
The water was so cold. I can't believe they even got in!
Here she goes!
Loving it!
OOPS! She went under water!
Brooklynn having fun until she sees Lexie crying.
Both girls crying. haha Jay telling them we are going to go home if they don't stop. I guess Lexie had jammed her finger on a rock and then Brooklynn saw Lexie crying so she got scared and started crying too!
It only took a minute until they were loving it again!
Brooklynn loves hiking around.
Lexie wanted to jump off the cliff.
So brave!
SPLASH!
Wanting to go jump off again.
Jay and his Mom and Dad. Notice Jay's cute bag. haha
So pretty there! I loved it! The girls had so much fun.
On our way home we decided to stop at Montezuma's Castle. It's one of the best preserved cliff dwellings in North America. Built by the Sinagua Indians 700 years ago. This 20 room high-rise apartment, nestled into a towering limestone cliff, tells a 1,000 year-old story of ingenuity and survival in an unforgiving desert landscape.
Lexie and Brooklynn thought it was so neat. Lexie was mad that we couldn't go look inside of it. She told Jay to pay the people $1,000 and see if they would just let our family go in!
I wanted the girls to do the behind the tree pose. haha
It was amazing to see Montezuma's Castle.
We had a good time. I love Sedona.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Kim! I hope you don't mind- I've been blog hopping and found yours through Chalans! Your family is darling, and you look so good! It's fun to see you and what you've been up to! Stephanie (Caldwell) Tucker.

amber said...

so umm... did you copy that info about montezuma's castle out of a brochure? hehe! Dork! I was laughing so hard! I think you missed your calling... you should have been a history teacher! hehe! I still love ya!

Kelli Dalley said...

Kim,

I am so glad you found my blog. I love doing it, I'm just not very fancy with it. I need to take lessons from you. I am glad we can peak at each other's lives and see how the extended family is doing. Your trip looks like a lot of fun!

MJ said...

Kim...you guys do so much as a family how fun...Thanks for the comment..I am doing alright. I am excited about the pregancy,but not so much about being prego. I met you right after I had Jace...how long ago was that...anyways your fam is darling.

Steph said...

That looks awesome! I love the water slide. That would be a fun reunion place!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! We need to take a trip up there. We have never been there. It looks so nice.

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

I want to freakin go there! that is so fun looking! sheesh! will you guys adopt me... but only when you are doing fun things... also the slide looked so fun and the idian apartments. I only have one concern... Jay wouldnt pay $1000 to go inside. way to take one for the team jay... nice sportsmanship you have there!