Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School Drama

There has been a little bit of drama going on right now with me and the school. I was pretty unhappy with Brooklynn's kindergarten teacher. She was not friendly and fun or nurturing like a kindergarten teacher should be. Also, Brooklynn got put in the class where there are a lot of Spanish speaking kids. Which I have nothing against Hispanics at all. I just think that it is taking away learning time from Brooklynn since the teacher will have to help them and explain things more to them.

I called the school and voiced my concerns and told them I wanted Brooklynn to be switched to a different teacher. They told me that I would have to have a meeting with the teacher and principal to make them aware of everything and then they would give the teacher 2 weeks to try and resolve any problems. I told them it was the teachers personality and how could she change that in two weeks!
If my daughter is going to be gone all day away from me I want to feel comfortable and confident that she is getting the best education possible. If that teacher is taking my place for those hours I want her to be as good as I am if not better!

I have had to talk to the principal, vice principal, and finally I called the district office. I am not giving in. I will change schools or home school if I have to! I have a meeting today with the principal!! Watch out! Meanwhile I am not sending Brooklynn to school. I told them she is NOT going to be in that class, and I am Not giving it two weeks! Who knew I was so assertive?

4 comments:

amber said...

You stick to your guns! Your the mom and you know what's best for your child! Don't let them intimidate you! I am so proud of you for standing up for what you believe in! They better watch out!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

your that assertive when it comes to your kids ... most of us are whether thats in our regular personality or not! you go girl! i have been there, dont that! best of luck dont give in, its public school you can get what you want.

Hudson said...

You Go Girl! I had know idea you had it in you to be so assertive that's awsome!

Josh said...

I remember when you didn't dare order a pizza!