Thursday, April 17, 2008

Field Trip

I got to be a parent helper on Lexie's field trip. I was so excited! We were going to the outdoor recreation center at the lake.
Lexie and her friend Makenzie
We went on a hike to look at the different rocks and plants. We saw a rattle snake right on the side of the path!
We learned that ocotillo leaves were edible. They tasted like sour grapes.
The lake hike was so pretty. We saw a lot of cool plants and lots of geckos.One of the rangers talked to us about the difference between venom and poison, and what we should look out for in the desert.
They had all sorts of snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, mice and other creatures that live in the desert.
Skulls from different animals.
We got to eat sack lunches.
Lexie and her 3rd grade teacher.
The kids that were in our group.
Getting ready for the hot, loud stinky bus ride home.
This was hanging inside the bus. It made me nauseous. Why couldn't they just put "cleanup kit" on it?
I had so much fun with Lexie and her class! I miss being in elementary school!

1 comments:

amber said...

you're better than me! I hate those field trips! The kids scream the whole time on the bus and the trips are to boring dumb places. I'd rather get a root canal. Am I a bad mom or what? HEHE!