Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family Reunion

We went up to the Heber Valley Campsite for our Parry family reunion. We got to (had to) sleep in a cabin with lots of bunkbeds with no mattresses. Of course the bed I chose ended up being the one with earwigs in it!! I HATE EARWIGS!! I wanted to go home! It was hard going to sleep picturing earwigs climbing all over me. Then my sisters baby woke up and was crying all night. Thank goodness we were only staying one night.
Brooklynn, Aiyla, Kamber, and Rylan on the comfy bunk bed.
Recovering Grandpa and Brooklynn. We are so glad he was able to come up with us. He is doing so much better!!
Little buff gymanst Kaden.
Me and my little sis Ashlee.
The kids had a great time with all of their cousins. They set traps to try and catch the little ground squirrels.
Aren't they so cute! They were running around everywhere! Audrey my funny, beautiful cousin and me.
They had challenge courses that included a 25 foot high zipline. Don't we look hot in our big helmets?!There goes Lex.
Brooklynn said she wanted to do it. I didn't think she would dare. You had to climb a 25 ft pole/ladder and then walk across a log thats like the size of a balance beam! I was scared! She suprised me though and did it and loved it! She was the youngest one to do it.
She had a great time with cousin Sophie. They were holding hands running all over together.
Lexie is such a sweetie. Always helping out with the younger kids. Carrying cousin Aiyla on her little back.
Me and my cutest niece Natalie. She's so grown up now and so beautiful!!
They had other challenges that included climbing over this log. I guess it was all about team work and listening to directions. The leaders that were there were so onry and mean!
Here I go! I guess we failed that one cause I didn't use 6 people to help me down!!
The next day we got to go out on the canoes. It was so pretty out on the lake. The kids wanted to go swimming. That was against the rules so they were mad.
That night we had a talent show at the amplitheater.
The cousins sang a few songs and played some musical instruments. We missed you Grandma and Grandpa!! We are sorry you weren't able to come!

6 comments:

Jana Davis said...

looks like fun! Wish I was there hanging out with ya'll. Maybe next time!

Lisa Jo Lovell said...

Looks like you guys had a great little vaca too!! Fun pics of you and the girls. I can't believe you have a niece that grown up. I'm so jealous you got to do the zip line. It looks like so much fun. I love the pics of Jay on the tube, he is crazy. I bet, he was sore the next day.

Elaine Parry said...

Thanks for the pictures of the the kids at the reunion. We'll sure copy them for our albums. It helps us to see what was going on. You guys and the zipline blow me away. You are so brave. I would love to have seen Brooklyn. Your girls are darlings.

Your blog is very well done. I appreciate getting it. Love to all of you.

Elaine Parry said...

Also, thanks for missing us. We miss seeing all of you.

Becca said...

You look like quite the acrobat! I never knew you could move like that!

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

that was a fun reunion... besides the fact that there were nazis there and we were in a prison camp... but other than that it was nice. especially the talent show.... well some of it... the talented part